Quick and easy garlic bread is a staple on our farm, especially through seeding and harvest.
We're normally pretty tired by the time we get in from the field, so having a delicious staple to add to whatever's pulled from the freezer is an absolute godsend.
Enter the best (and quickest) garlic bread you'll ever make. The secret? Using garlic powder to make garlic butter.
At most you'll be slaving over a toaster and microwave for 5 minutes with this little beauty. Plus - easy clean-up!
We tend to use a baguette or ciabatta bread for extra crunchy (and to be a little bit fancier). But any bread will do.
- 1 tbsp Butter (Salted)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Toast your bread. Put it in the grill, pop it in the toaster... the choice is yours.
- Microwave your butter in a small dish in 10-second increments until it's soft enough to mix.
- Add the garlic powder to the butter and mash/mix it all together until there's no dry bits.
- Spread the garlic butter on your toast, top with parmesan if you'd like and BOOM there you have it. 5-minute quick garlic bread ready for any meal.
- If you'd like, pop the cheese covered toast in the griller for a minute or two to melt the parmesan a little bit.
- Don't like or have parmesan? Any cheese will do to level this up to cheesy-garlic bread.
- If your kitchen is already a bit warm and the butter is soft enough to mix without microwaving, then you can skip that step (making it even EASIER!).
- We like to top with a few herbs (dried or fresh). Whatever's on hand will do.