This spaghetti with garlic oil and chilli recipe (called Spaghetti Aglio e Peperoncino in Italian) comes from the lovely Linda, who's also known as thermie_art on Instagram. Good quality garlic is a must-have in Linda's kitchen. The following recipe is one of her favourites...and it's quick and simple!
- 80g olive oil
- 500g spaghetti
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1-2 long red chilli
- 5 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 150g dry white wine
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock paste (Linda uses homemade but you can use a stock cube)
- 100g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 400g of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 150g rocket
- Chop parsley, garlic and chilli.
- Heat oil in a pot, french oven or thermomix and add the chopped garlic mixture until cooked but not changed in colour. Add wine and stock and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add chickpeas (if using) and heat through.
- Boil pasta and, once cooked, drain well and toss through the garlic oil with rocket (if using) and sprinkle with yummy parmesan cheese.
- Simple and delicious. ENJOY!
About our amazing cook:
Linda absolutely loves cooking and sharing her passion with others. She spends most of her days in the kitchen, which is truly her happy place. Linda has 7 kids and cooks for 9 every night.
She grew up in an Italian household and therefore learnt to cook from the age of 13. Linda loves Italian culture and bringing people together around food. She's adopted this passion and mentality in her own household.
"Travelling the world as a family would cost me a fortune so I brings the world to them on a plate every night," Linda said.
"I love trying trying different cuisines. We cook Asian, Indian, Turkish, Italian and many more.
"Using fresh, good quality food is important to me."
Having a Thermomix business has allowed Linda to share this passion with others. She loves seeing her friends evolve and fall in love with cooking too.