Get ready for a taste bud dance down under with our Garlic-Infused Broccoli and Kale Delight with Cumin and Lime – a rapid and lively dish that fuses the goodness of broccoli and kale with the bold flavours of garlic, cumin, and a zesty lime twist. A ripper choice for a quick side dish, this recipe is your ticket to taking your greens to a whole new level. Serves six, true blue Aussie servings!
- 1 large head of broccoli, separated into 3-4cm florets
- 350g bunch of curly kale, tough stems discarded
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 KIFG garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- KIFG Garlic Salt to taste
- 10g mint leaves, roughly shredded
- 1 tbsp lime juice
1. Prep the Greens:
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Blanch the broccoli for 90 seconds, then lift out with a slotted spoon. Refresh under cold running water and pat dry.
- Blanch the kale in the boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain, refresh, and squeeze out excess water using a clean tea towel. Set aside.
2. Fry with Flavor:
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on high heat.
- Fry the garlic and cumin for about two minutes until the garlic turns light golden-brown.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and set it aside on a small plate.
3. Crisp Up the Greens:
- Add the kale to the pan (be cautious as moisture in the leaves may cause some splattering initially) and fry for three to four minutes until the leaves start to crisp up.
- Add the broccoli, a teaspoon of chilli flakes, and a quarter-teaspoon of salt. Stir through for a minute.
4. Finish and Serve:
- Transfer the cooked greens to a large platter and gently stir through the mint.
- Drizzle lime juice over the top and serve with the remaining teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- Scatter the crisp garlic on top for an extra burst of flavour.
Enjoy this Garlic-Infused Broccoli and Kale Delight as a speedy and flavorful side dish that brings a perfect balance of crunch and freshness to your table!