Transform corn on the cob into a savoury delight, these Smoky Garlic Corn Ribs are a flavour-packed snack or side dish that will elevate your BBQ game to a whole new level. With a blend of OG garlic salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder, each rib is coated in a spiced butter mix before crisping up to perfection in the air fryer or oven. Paired with a creamy mayo, these corn ribs are a culinary adventure worth taking. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this recipe is a delightful twist on a classic summer favourite.
2 ears of fresh corn on the cob
1 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp OG garlic salt
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
Kewpie mayo (or any other mayo, we love a little Chipotle mayo)
- Remove the corn husk/silk and trim off the ends.
- Microwave cobs on high for 2 minutes. Let them cool before the next step.
- With a sharp knife, stand each cob up vertically and slice down the middle in half and again into quarters. Note: If you don't want to cut the long cobs, you can halve each cob and then slice them.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, olive oil, OG garlic salt, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Brush the spiced butter over the ribs, making sure you coat all sides.
- Put the ribs in a single layer, slightly spaced out, in the basket of the air fryer.
- Air fry at 200°C for 10 minutes (or until tender with crispy edges), turning each rib at the 5-minute mark.
- Serve immediately with a generous drizzle or dipping bowl of mayo.
Note: If using an oven, place them on a lined baking sheet at 220°C for 12-15 minutes until they are a little crispy. Just be warned, they won't be as curly.
Serving Hint: Brush the corn ribs with a little extra mayo and sprinkle on some finely grated parmesan or crumbled feta for extra deliciousness.
Enjoy this crunchy, smoky delight that will leave your taste buds wanting more!